How can you maximize your marketing dollars with the best social media ad for your business? Whether you’re creating content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or other social media platforms, take a look at what you need to know about advertising on social media.
What Is a Social Media Ad?
Are you new to social media use for business professionals? If your small business has only used print advertising, you may wonder how to transition this type of marketing approach into a next-generation social media ad.
Think of social media as an interactive version of the old-school print ad. Instead of a static flier or a partial page in a printed circular, magazine, or newspaper, your Internet or app-based advertisement can move, travel, or grow. While it can include anything that you would put in a print ad, it can also include much more.
Along with photos and text that directly relate to your business, a social media ad can also have a video component, sounds, comments, links, and more. This gives you options that you wouldn’t otherwise have with traditional print media.
What Other Advantages Does Social Media Marketing Offer?
Even though the interactive and multimedia aspects of social media marketing are definite benefits, this type of internet/app-based advertising does have other advantages for small business owners.
Social media advertising allows you to target specific customers and collect information on users’ demographics. This allows you to revise your advertising goals and tailor your marketing plan to your customers. The ability to streamline advertising eliminates the need to create general or blanket campaigns and may save you time, money, and energy.
Which Ad Is the Best Ad for Your Company?
If you’re ready to change directions and eliminate most or all of your print marketing approaches and you’ve already narrowed down your advertising strategy to social media, you’re ready to take the next step. But you’re not sure which ad or even which social media channel is the right choice for your company’s needs.
To make the most of social media advertising:
- Know your customer. Who are you trying to reach? Younger social media users (ages 18 to 24) are more likely to use Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok, while people over 65 use Facebook and YouTube more often, according to the Pew Research Center.
- Know your options. Even though you may use one specific social media channel most in your personal life, you have plenty of other business options. From Twitter to TikTok, consider each platform’s merits before ruling any option or ad out.
- Know your goals. What are your advertising goals? A thorough social media marketing plan can help you to identify the goals that shape your ads.
- Know what is popular. Knowledge of what’s trending can help you to design an ad that gets noticed on social media.
- Know design principles. Social media ads aren’t easy for a novice to create. If you’re not a design pro, task this important job to someone who is. A digital marketing strategist with social media experience can craft the perfect ad for different platforms.
- Know how to engage. Social media ads are often interactive. This means you need to engage the customer or client. Again, these ads differ from the static print version. The best social media ad is one that invites and encourages engagement.
Strong images, clickable video clips, and call-to-action types of text can help to create a standout social media ad. A digital marketing professional can help you to identify marketing goals, understand your customer base, and create these types of ads for your small business.
Not sure where to find a digital marketing pro to help you craft the perfect social media ads? Contact Grow Team for more information.